Please join Euclid Avenue United Methodist Church and the Interfaith Green Network and a host of special guests for the dedication of Euclid's Solar Energy array and a Sustainability Fair. The public is invited to join us on Friday, August 22nd, 4-6pm, at 405 S. Euclid Ave, Oak Park, as we share accomplishments and works in progress in our journey toward reducing our carbon footprint and caring for God's creation. Refreshments will be served and there will be opportunities to socialize and learn about how you can make a difference in your congregation and home with sustainability initiatives including:
- An installed geothermal system which provides heating and cooling to our buildings and reduced energy consumption by 81%
- Use of permeable brick in our parking lot to make sure 100% of the rainwater is absorbed into the ground and replenishes the water table .
- The amount of trash that we send to the landfill has been reduced by increased recycling and composting.
- Butterfly Sanctuary: Children and adults from the congregation have planted native plants to provide habitat for birds, bees & butterflies.
- And most recently we have installed 99 solar voltaic panels on the roof that will provide 27% of the electricity needed.
Please RSVP to Dick Alton (email@example.com or call 773-344-7172) so we will be sure to have enough chairs and food!