We have already heard many great stories about people taking actions inspired by the One Earth Film Festival and we know that many of you are working every day to live more lightly on the Earth! You are invited to attend a gathering together with others who are also working to reduce their “footprint.” Join us on Monday, May 20, 2013, 6:30-8:30pm, Oak Park Main Library, 2nd floor Veteran's Room.This will be a highly practical, active and interactive gathering so come prepared to have fun and participate!
We will start at 6:30 with refreshments and conversation, followed by a time for sharing our accomplishments, our challenges, our plans for next steps and resources that will help support us in this important work. Come for the whole time or as much as you can.
Following are the topic areas that we will be focusing on.
- Conserving water
- Reducing waste
- Taking alternative transportation
- Conserving energy
- Eating (& growing) sustainable food
- Restoring habitats & natural spaces (added by write-in request!)
Why are Pledge Groups Important?
We know that we are stronger together. When we join together to share ideas, resources and experiences, we learn from one another and inspire and encourage one another. As Margaret Mead famously said, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
1. Please let us know if you can make it to the gathering on May 20th, 6:30-8:30pm, at the Oak Park Main Library. Please RSVP for the gathering at: link
2. If you know of others who may be interested in working with others to lower their footprint on the earth, please share the invitation with them and direct them to this web page to sign up.
How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment
before starting to improve the world. -- Anne Frank