Phase 1: FILM DISCOVERY
- Tells a rich story about the above-selected sustainable topic/s.
- Is broadly compelling and will be relevant to a wide audience.
- Is recognizable enough to draw a sizable crowd.
- Compelling enough to spark great, multifaceted post-film conversation.
- Solution-oriented (showing innovations, possibilities for the future).
- Engaging to diverse audiences (ages, gender, ethnicity, belief system, etc).
- Interesting to viewers who are already vested in green.
- Interesting to viewers who may not yet be that vested in green.
- High-quality (well-produced, professional).
- Has the potential to transform.
We are seeking films that have some kind of overt environmental tie, which typically means the films we identify, research, screen, and select generally fall in one or more of the following topic areas:
PHASE 1 PROCESS
1. UNCOVERING compelling environmental films (typically, fairly recent ones if possible) by:
- Watching their trailers
- Reading descriptions/synopses, reviews, and articles about them
3. CREATING a comprehensive list (we call this a WATCHLIST) of all films you have uncovered, researched, and are definitely recommending we watch (screen) for OEFF2015 consideration. Your personal WATCHLIST comprising the results of the above-described process is due on or before Sept 15, 2015 @5P. You can either:
- Directly input your selections into this table on Google Drive, emailing Ana (firstname.lastname@example.org) that you have done so, or
- Email a Word or Excel attachment to Ana (email@example.com) that she will input into the shared Google Drive WATCHLIST document online.
OTHER STEPS IN THE PROCESS
- See details, timeline, and instructions for Phase 2: Film Selection (Mon Sept 8-Fri Nov 7 - 2 months)
- See details, timeline, and instructions for Phase 3: Film Programming (Fri Nov 7-Fri Dec 12 - 5 weeks)
- Go to the film team hub main page.