(Posted 12 May 2016) Summer 2016 Internship Available!
Chicagoland’s One Earth Film Festival (oneearthfilmfest.org – “MovingPlanet, Moving People”), produced by non-profit community sustainability organization Green Community Connections, seeks a summer intern, Jun-Aug 2016, for 10-20 hours per week, primarily working remotely. This unpaid internship will offer excellent on-the-ground experience with database creation, data analytics, marketing and social media, film selection for an established film festival, and more. The Festival is able to offer course credit (to be arranged by the selected candidate), and to provide a detailed letter of reference at the successful conclusion of the internship.
Tasks and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Helping cull legacy data in order to support the development of a master databases for partnerships, marketing, fundraising, logistics, and films.
- Helping organize and publish information about One Earth Film Festival’s educational film lending library.
- Helping develop an online “Dashboard” of various metrics and data relevant to One Earth Film Festival operations, including information about website traffic, social media, online donations, and more -- from various, disparate sources.
- Researching and identifying preliminary environmental film candidates for One Earth Film Festival 2017 review and consideration; communicating with filmmakers to obtain confidential screeners.
Skills and Qualifications
The appropriate candidate will:
- Have their own Internet-ready laptop computer for remote work capability
- Have a strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently once the requirements of the task are defined; be self-directed, self-motivated, and able to take initiative.
- Be conscientious and detail oriented, with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills and ability to work well with a team.
- Possess an interest in or commitment to environmental sustainability.
- Possess a desire to learn, grow and be challenged
- Demonstrate solid technical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Docs; experience with Powerpoint, e-mail marketing platforms (e.g., Mail Chimp), social media, and/or web publishing (e.g., Wordpress) a strong plus.
Interested candidates, please send resume and cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the organization. Green Community Connections is a deep-roots organization devoted to creating resilient, environmentally sustainable communities. The mission of its project, One Earth Film Festival, is Primary project focus will be support for the One Earth Film Festival, whose mission is to utilize the power of film to bring about an understanding of climate change, sustainability, and the power of people.