Thank You for your interest in getting involved with One Earth Film Fest 2014!
Last year's One Earth Film Festival drew more than 2,000 viewers, and planning for the 2014 Film Festival- including a big expansion into Chicago - is well underway. In order to make this year's event even better, we will need many helping hands, both as volunteers and sponsors.
Community leaders are encouraged to lend support as we produce this three-day change-making event in the Chicago/Oak Park/River Forest and surrounding area in March 2014. Green Community Connections needs your partnership as we raise awareness about environmental challenges and solutions through the power of film. Those interested, review our sponsorship opportunities or email Sally Stovall.
If you're interested in volunteering, our opportunities are listed below.
Benefits of Volunteering
Aside from getting to work with an amazing, energetic group of people (which alone has brought back volunteers for each of our three year run)-- all volunteers who participate in either the planning or the onsite event will:
- see amazing films
- engage with the community and meet new people
- get a One Earth Film Festival T-shirt
- receive an invitation to the Volunteer Celebration on Wednesday, March 19th
Thank you to all who came to one of our One Earth Film Fest Volunteer Orientation Sessions. If you are ready to volunteer during the festival, pick a time here.
Pre-Festival Tasks for Volunteers:
Join a Planning Team!
Green Community Connections is a community-based volunteer organization, and we have a very talented, wonderful array of volunteers. While the planning for the 2014 festival in March is well underway, there is still a lot of work to do, and we can use your help. Pre-festival planning teams include:
- Film selection & film program development
- Marketing & promotion
- Venues and logistics
- On-Site Volunteers
All members of various sub-teams are invited to join us at the following planning team meetings, which take place at Euclid Ave. United Methodist Church in Oak Park:
Mon 2/24/14, 7:30 pm
On-Site Event Tasks for Volunteers
- assist the facilitator and resource person at film screening and ensure that they understand their roles
- monitor the flow of the event and trouble shoot any issues
- support site staff with set-up and/or clean-up of the opening and closing event
- help with registration
- help with set-up and re-set tasks
- serve as greeters and hosts
- answer questions for participants / provide directions to film screening sites or other OP/RF locations
- take photos or video footage at film showings
- setup and manage projection equipment
- provide transportation of equipment, chairs, etc., to various sites
- live-tweet the event and post to Facebook and other social media, in order to amplify the engagement from the event itself
To select times to volunteer during the festival weekend - March 7,8,9 - go to our Sign Up Genius.
Help Spread the Word! (from now through March 6, 2014):
We need all hands on deck to help spreading the word about the 2014 One Earth Film Festival and our second-annual "One Earth . . . Our Earth" Young Filmmakers Contest. Visit the Press and Promotion page to find helpful marketing tools.
Post Event Tasks for Volunteers
We would love to have all festival volunteers come to the volunteer celebration after the event on March 20, 2014. In addition, there are also ways to get involved with Green Community Connections throughout the year. We invite all festival volunteers to share their talents with Green Community Connections after the festival!
Skills needed for Green Community Connections ongoing work:
- fund raising
- web marketing
- organizing and group facilitation
- photography / videography
- social media marketing
- web site maintenance skills (training provided)
- web site technical skills
- interviewing, writing & editing skills
- web research
- musicians and story tellers
- passion for sustainability and willingness to learn
- ability to have fun working together on important work to celebrate victories!
- other things that we haven’t yet imagined — share your ideas!
To volunteer for Green Community Connections in our ongoing work, please email Sally Stovall
Find us at the Chicago Volunteer Expo!