Welcome to the Film Team Hub for One Earth Film Fest 2013! This page was created for members of the Film Selection Team to help streamline the review and selection process, and to provide key information about the overall Festival and relevant happenings within the other subgroups (Marketing, Sponsorship, Venues/Events, Young Filmmakers Contest, and Volunteers). The Festival takes place Fri-Sun Mar 1-3, 2013 in multiple concurrent venues around Oak Park & River Forest IL. Click here for early info.
LATEST NEWS! (Updated 26 February 2013)
*We are just 3 days away! Thanks to all who came to our planning meeting last night. It was wonderful to have a little fun and inspiring discussion, as well as cover the last important bits of work that need to happen over the coming days. Over Fest weekend, we may need to reach each other in a hurry, so our Team Roster is here and includes cell/email contact info for each of us. If you haven't input your info, please do so now.
*We have a tight deadline for final film selection! All films on the Watchlist must be reviewed by 2-3 screeners by Fri 1/11 @5P. Final film recommendations will be submitted to the OEFF2013 Core Team/Steering Committee by Mon 1/14 @ noon. We need all hands on deck. Please follow the instructions at the top of the Film Review Guidelines doc (2nd/3rd reviewer instructions). Looking forward to hearing from you on email ASAP! Thanks, Ana (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Thanks to all those who attended the very productive 1/6 meeting!
Complete One Earth Film Fest (OEFF) Review Process & Guidelines are here. Please use these to guide your work as you select and review films over the coming days/weeks.
For a little inspiration, see below for Short Films to Fire Us Up.
*Upcoming deadlines for Film Team are Fri Jan 11th @5P (final Watchlist deadline - see above), Mon Jan 14th (final deadline for film team to recommend final film program to OEFF Core/Steering Committees), and Feb 11th @5P (final deadline to solidify film programming -- speakers, etc -- and obtain/secure budget payment for final film licenses).
*If you'd like to share a document with the group, please upload it to http://docs.google.com and notify the group per email of its location.
SOME KEY LINKS FOR OUR GROUP
- Final Watchlist/Go-List Working Document
- Role of Film Fest Members
- Mission/Goals of the One Earth Film Festival
- OEFF Film Review Process
- MASTER FILM SPREADSHEET (pls be careful when editing; this is the master copy shared by all)
- Film Report Card Template (pls download a copy and save it to your computer; use your local copy to create a report card for rating each of the films that make your "Watchlist.")
- Outreach letter to filmmakers/film companies to request a screening copy of a film, and/or to request licensing information.
- Early Info about One Earth Film Fest 2013
- Declaration of Interdependence (4 min, 22 sec)
- What Made This Climate Skeptic Believe in Climate Change (1 min, 43 sec)
- Symphony of Science: Al Gore on Climate Reality (3 min, 4 sec)
- Story of Change (6 min, 29 sec)
- One Earth . . . Our Earth! Young Filmmakers Contest
- Background on last year's inaugural One Earth Film Fest 2012 including press, program schedule, and descriptions
- Survey Reports from last year's inaugural One Earth Film Fest 2012