Last year, our tour featured two dozen sustainable sites in Oak Park and River Forest, and it was a huge success! This year, we’ll need your help to make it even better. The 2013 Green Living and Learning Tour will take place on Saturday September 28th, 2013 from noon-5pm (with a closing event from 5:30-7:30pm).
What You Need To Know
This year, the Green Living and Learning Tour features 9 one-hour guided tours and 9 drop-in sites throughout Oak Park and River Forest! Visit the main Tour page to learn all about the tour.
If you volunteer for at least one time slot, you are welcome to enjoy the rest of the tour sites for free ( $10 suggested donation). And, past-years' volunteers had great things to say:
- "Wonderful first time. Seemed to run very smooth on our end."
- "It was fun and worthwhile."
- "Despite how hard we worked, I had a great sense of well-being while participating."
- "I have had an amazing experience getting to know all of you and in the process further getting to know myself! "
- "People really took the intent of the event to heart."
- "I really enjoyed it and thought it was very rewarding."
For questions, please contact Sally Stovall.